Presented "Avoiding Accidental Success – A Journey to Strategic Alignment" at PMI Mass Bay Professional Development Day 2015, Norwood, MA
Avoiding Accidental Success – A Journey to Strategic Alignment
Advanced PM Skills
Businesses attempt to align their internal delivery abilities with the overall company strategy, but few adequately focus on how to achieve this alignment and even fewer understand what will drive a positive outcome at all levels within their organization.
* How do we define success across all levels of the firm?
* What makes it repeatable and sustainable?
* How does strategy fit into this equation?
* What is the role of the Program Management Office (PMO) in defining and driving organizational success?
* Learn how a PMO which has transformed its role from administrative to innovative plays a crucial role in driving strategy and delivery.
* Learn how an innovative PMO translates the strategy to actionable messages.
* By identifying and mapping success states for all levels of the organization while covering critical gaps, the PMO provides a strong enterprise alignment.
* Learn how this approach addresses opportunities where tools and processes have previously failed.
Deniz Johnson is an innovative and results-driven IT executive with extensive experience in defining technology strategy, as well as services and solutions focused on organizational efficiency and business process management. Her experience extends across a range of industries, including asset management, financial services, software and healthcare.
As an active member of PMI, Deniz has presented at numerous conferences and has published articles regularly through PMI. Her blog and select articles can also be viewed on Linkedin.
Deniz currently is the Founder/ Principal at Pera-Partners, a management consulting company specializing in Strategy and Implementation, Business Transformation, Program Management and IT Assessment and Governance.